Visit my website @ www.samharrisonmusic.com - do it, do it, do it! x

Saturday 19 November 2011

New Songs, New Places, Doors Opening...

Wow. What a month. Only twenty days since my last post, and I have so much to tell!

First of all, I played my first gig for the agency. It was at Cleethorpes Working Men's Club, and the drive nearly killed me, but the people couldn't have been nicer and I really enjoyed the show. I played my second gig for them a few days later at the George & Dragon in Lincoln, which was also a great fun show.

Just two days after that I headed out to Derby to play two songs at the Prince's Trust 'Celebrate Success' awards. The awards took place in the UK's oldest engine shed, 'The Roundhouse' which has been very sensitively converted into a venue. I had my own trade stall, displaying my wares and selling my CDs. I had great fun meeting some great young entrepreneurs and some lovely people, including Melody Hossaini a very inspiring businesswoman who appeared on 'The Apprentice'. The highlight for me though, was singing on stage next to Sonali Gudka, presenter of 'Newsround' among other cool shows. Sonali even bought one of my CDs! I managed to sell enough to make my petrol back and lots more!

My next exciting event was playing at Harlaxton Manor, a beautiful victorian manor house, now turned college. Just outside Grantham, Harlaxton is more like a castle than a manor house - as I said to Spot On's (my covers bands) drummer Pete on the way in 'We're playing Hogwarts!' Spot On were very privileged to play a splendid and hospitable wedding at the Manor, one of just a few allowed every year. I wish I could get my bluetooth to work as the pictures are stunning!

I've written a song! I think this is one of my best demos yet. I'd love some feedback folks...

Salome, hence the head...


In other news, BNO happened despite all the difficultly, a triumph for everyone involved! 'BNO kicked your ass last night' appeared on the Carnage wall quite a few times the next morning. I for one loved it!

On Friday I played some interval music for the production of 'The Graduate' showing at the Drill Hall. It was a really great production and took on a whole new angle the movie didn't explore. Spot On played the Potterhamworth Golf Club yesterday, and that was fun too :-)

Possibly the most important bit, I've met a lovely girl called Liz. Yeh, that was quick I hear you all jest, but life waits for no man, and Liz is all kinds of awesome.

anyway, cyas soon :-)

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment